Household Hazardous Waste
The City of Tolleson offers Household Hazardous Waste Collection events to help protect the environment by properly disposing items which may contain harmful chemicals. These events are open to Tolleson residents only. To participate in the program, you will need to schedule an appointment to have acceptable items picked up from your home.
This event is for residential hazardous waste only. Commercial or medical waste will not be accepted. Please place materials in a sturdy cardboard box on your driveway by 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 24, 2020.
Request an appointment by calling 623-936-7141.
- October 12 - October 22: Appointments scheduled
Request an appointment by calling 623-936-7141
- Saturday, October 24: Scheduled pick-ups occur
Households that did not preschedule will not be collected.
Guidelines for Household Hazardous Waste Program
- Schedule your pickup by calling 623-936-7141 before Thursday, October 22 and select Bulk Trash Pickup option.
- Households that have not prescheduled their pickup will not be collected.
- Hazardous waste should be placed at the top of your driveway no later than 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 24.
- Place items neatly boxed in front of your garage or front door.
- Do not place items on the sidewalk or roadway.
- Antifreeze, car batteries, motor oil, gasoline, diesel and fuel additives
- Brake-transmission-power steering fluids, degreasers (20 gallons max)
- Pool chemicals, fire extinguishers, and gas cylinders
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Stain, varnish, turpentine, cleaners, adhesives
- Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and other lawn chemicals
Items not Accepted:
- Regular refuse and bulk trash
- Bio–medical waste
- Commercial waste
- Ammunition or explosives
- RV refrigerators that contain ammonia
- Radioactive material